1. Reduce reuse recycle. Cut down on what you throw away and don’t throw away things that are usable
2. Start shopping locally and organically; check the labels on the food you buy.
3. Leave the car at home. Instead of getting in the car, walk or cycle and enjoy the fresh air.
4. Cut back on flying. Although going abroad for a holiday is very fun, but it’s normally quite expensive. Why don’t you have a holiday in your own country, plus it won’t be as expensive.
5. Eat less meat and dairy. Avoiding meat and dairy products is one of the biggest ways to reduce your environmental impact on the planet. Studies suggest that a high fibre, plant based diet is also better for your health.
6. Respect and protect green spaces. Green spaces such as parks and gardens are important. They absorb carbon dioxide and are associated with lowering levels of pollution.
7. Cut consumption and waste. Everything we use as consumers has a carbon footprint, avoid single use items and fast fashion. And try not to buy more than you need.
8. Talk about the changes you make. Conversations are a great way to reduce the spread of ideas. As you make these positive changes to reduce climate changes talk to family and friends.
9. Reduce your energy use and bills. Small changes to your behaviour at home will help you use less energy, cutting your carbon footprint and your energy bills.
10. Use other materials than plastic (e.g. use a bamboo toothbrush instead of plastic)
If you follow everything then soon the planet will be happy.